2022.01.18 Successful Bid – 35th International Conference on Photovoltaic Science and Engineering -PVSEC-35ｰ will be held in Numazu, Japan!
- We are pleased to announce that the 35th International Conference on Photovoltaic Science and Engineering (PVSEC-35) will be held in Numazu, Japan. This event has been actively promoted by Professor Akira Yamada (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan).
- The final presentation and voting took place online on December 7, 2021, prior PVSEC-31 in Sydney (online).
- Japan competed with Chiang Mai (Thailand) for the winning bid. The Mt. FUJI & IZU PENINSULA CONVENTION BUREAU’s support for the invitation and Dr. Yamada's excellent presentation were successful. The achievements and contributions of Japanese academic societies and the attractiveness of Numazu City were highly evaluated, and resulted in a successful invitation. The city is located an hour away from Tokyo by high-speed rail, and is famous for Mt. Fuji and green tea. The famous hot spring resorts of Hakone and Izu are also easily accessible from this city.
- Japan has long been a world leader in this field of research. This conference has been held in Japan 11 times in the past. In addition, Japan has declared its intention to become carbon neutral by 2050, reducing greenhouse gas emissions to zero as a whole. The key to achieving this goal is innovation, including next-generation solar cells and carbon recycling. Japan is committed to accelerating research and development with a view on commercialization.
- In collaboration with Mt. FUJI & IZU PENINSULA CONVENTION BUREAU, JNTO as “Team Japan” supported the efforts of PVSEC-35 Bidding Committee, to successfully attract the event.
PVSEC-33 will also be held in Nagoya in November 2022.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Nagoya and Numazu!